Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Little Taste of Sam Claflin


One of my favorite actors . . .

#SamClaflin: Actor Speaks Out Against Body Shaming In Hollywood 

https://hype.my/2017/140516/sam-claflin-body-shaming/

By Justin \ June 8, 2017


Hollywood actresses aren’t the only ones having to deal with body shaming in the entertainment industry.

Sam Claflin, who is best known for his roles in “The Hunger Games” franchise and last year’s “Me Before You”, shared that men too, face an unfair body standards.


Making him shave his naturally hair chest for "The Hunger Games"
was VERY disappointing. Body shaving  is a form of body shaming.


“I remember doing one job when they literally made me pull my shirt up and were grabbing my fat and going ‘you need to lose a bit of weight.’ This other time they were slapping me. I felt like a piece of meat,” the 30-year-old told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“I’m not saying it’s anywhere near as bad as what women go through but I, as an actor approaching each job, am insecure — especially when I have to take my top off in it — and so nervous. I get really worked up to the point where I spend hours and hours in the gym and not eating for weeks to achieve what I think they’re going for,” Claflin recalled.Source: Lionsgate

So what is the root of the problem? The hunky actor shared that entertainers are simply held to a different standard nowadays. He added, “In the ’50s and ’60s, it was never an issue. James Bond never had a six pack. He had a hairy chest. Marlon Brando​ in ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’ had an incredible body but he was by no means ripped to within an inch of his life. There’s a filter on society that this is normal, but actually it’s anything but normal.”

Claflin has since addressed his now-viral comments, telling E! News, “that the fact that it’s trending is kind of sad to me because it’s obviously been going on for years and years”.

The Brit will appear next in the mystery film, “My Cousin Rachel”.

# # #

And a few more looks . . .









1 comment:

whkattk said...

One would have to guess the director thought it would look sexier...But, it also helped make him appear younger.