Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Dolly




Over and beyond her talent, she was a true humanitarian and a better theologian than most. This was last year . . .

Dolly Parton Calls for Love and Acceptance Over Judgment

In an interview clip, which has been viewed millions of times, Parton addresses both the LGBTQ+ community and those who claim to follow Christian values while passing judgment on others.
 
“If you’re gay, you’re gay. If you’re straight, you’re straight. We are who we are,” Parton said simply. “I do not believe that we should criticize and judge other people. I think we should be accepting and loving. We are all God’s children.”
 
 
The Grammy-winning singer then turned her attention to those who use their faith as a reason to judge others. “I keep saying, ‘Well, if you’re the fine Christian you think you are, why are you judging people? That’s God’s job. We’re not God. We’re not judges,'” she explained. “We’re supposed to love one another. We’re supposed to not judge and we’re not supposed to take vengeance on other people. That’s God’s job.”
 



No comments: