Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vid of the Evening


"The only way gay marriage will ruin your heterosexual marriage is if you're gay!"

Hal Sparks - Charmageddon


 

“Gay Adjacent”

A lot of people have been asking me about this term because we use it a lot on the Stephanie Miller show. I coined the term a few years ago because I thought Straight Ally just sounded too clinical and I wanted something positive and amusing to describe my position vis-a-vis the GLBT community. It’s of course a reference to “Beverly Hills Adjacent.” Most apartment ads in LA try to make a cheap POS 1 bedroom worth $1800 a month by saying it’s BH adjacent..even when they are 30 miles away in Ventura county…… So that’s where it comes from. I’m not bi nor do I play around with my sexual identity for the amusement of others. It’s my way of saying to the LGBT community... You’re great… I’m a friend... end of story.

No comments: