Sunday, July 24, 2016

Finnick Odair a Sex Slave?


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has been playing on TV this weekend. Maybe if I’d read the books this spoiler from the third and final installment wouldn't have been a surprise. But now I know why he caught my eye . . .

https://angelmatos.net/2013/02/25/the-hunger-games-male-prostitution/

“President Snow used to…sell me…my body, that is,” Finnick begins in a flat, removed tone. “I wasn’t the only one. If a victor is considered desirable, the president gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them for an exorbitant amount of money. If you refuse, he kills someone you love. So you do it.” That explains it, then. Finnick’s parade of lovers in the Capitol. They were never real lovers. Just people like our old Head Peacekeeper, Cray, who bought desperate girls to devour and discard because he could. I want to interrupt the taping and beg Finnick’s forgiveness for every false thought I’ve ever had about him. But we have a job to do, and I sense Finnick’s role will be far more effective than mine.”I wasn’t the only one, but I was the most popular,” he says. “And perhaps the most defenseless, because the people I loved were so defenseless.







No comments: