Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Military Message to Assholes & Bigots


Let me say right out that I'm not a militarist. There used to be a saying that old men start wars and young men fight them. Still true except  now the services are co-ed. So I have nothing but contempt for those who started wars we didn't need to fight and nothing but heartfelt sympathy and respect for those who gave their lives and those who still serve. I just came across the statement below from the blog fuckyeahafghanistan. It speaks for itself . . .




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was going to be another "rant versus rant" until I read "All that, for your country, your fucking freedoms for you to call him a faggot." and "...thank him for your right to call him a faggot."

That's what it's all about. When I served (even before DADT, BTW), there was a wide variety of opinions to be encountered, but one goal: protect and defend this country, its people, ALL of them! Some of my fellow soliders knew about me and didn't care, a few even helped protect me (one getting his sister to act as my beard). As one put it: "Man, if we ain't here to protect us, why are we here?"

While I served so that guys like this were free to have their own opinions, I DID NOT serve so they could take a baseball bat and prowl a gay bar parking lot.

I would like to look that anon person in the eye and say two words: You're Welcome.

SteveXS said...

Thank you, sir.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate this. I served with the Royal Canadian Navy for 20 years and all though there was a certain amount of contention towards gays, it was for most part a who cares attitude. As long as there was no sexual contact. To-day my son is in the Royal Canadian Air Force and he is gay, married to a great guy and has served in Afgan. The Canadian Military was one of the first to have openly gay Men and Women in the ranks, and I am proud to say that it has come off pretty much seamless. In fact Canadians as a whole are proud of all who serve no matter the situation. We feel we all have the right to protect and serve our Nation Canada.