Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sleep Naked -- It's Good For You!


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-you-should-sleep-naked_56006681e4b00310edf8233a


4 Major Benefits To Sleeping Naked
Moral of this story? Burn your onesies.

Kate Kratskeir
Food and Health Editor, The Huffington Post
Posted: 09/22/2015


Only about 8 percent of Americans doze off in their birthday suits, but many more should consider going to bed in the buff. In addition to not having to launder any jammies or crank up the A/C, there are some major, healthy benefits to snoozing au naturel:

You'll sleep better.

The body is wired to drop its temperature during shut-eye, and the process is necessary for quality sleep. Fuzzy pajamas can keep the body too warm, preventing you from achieving an optimal temperature. This can lead to tossing, turning and restlessness. Your skin works naturally with the rest of the body to cool down so you can drift off, and cozy clothes just make it harder for the body to do its job.

The skin-to-skin contact will relax you.

If you share a bed with your partner, the two of you can benefit from resting unrobed. Skin-to-skin contact can lower your blood pressure, decrease stress levels and really just make you happier.

You might even fall harder for your partner.

A 2014 poll that surveyed about 1,000 married British people found that naked sleepers were most content in their relationships. Fifty-seven percent of people who sleep naked reported feeling happy in their relationships, while only 48 percent who sleep in standard PJs reported the same. Just 15 percent of those who sleep in onesies said they were satisfied with their partner. Moral of this story? Burn your onesies.

Naked sleeping might also lead to having sex more often, which is great for your relationship, your immune system and your sleep quality. Bow chika wow wow.

You'll get the chance to air out.

Sleeping in underpants creates a warm, moist environment for bacteria and yeast to thrive. Snoozing in your birthday suit reduces the risk for yeast infections, among other ailments.

Yes, sleeping naked is the new black. Just make sure to keep a robe nearby, because being caught naked on the street in the case of a late-night fire alarm isn't totally en vogue.


# # #

7 comments:

RockHard said...

I can't remember the last time didn't sleep naked. Even as a guest I sleep naked. If someone sees me, their problem, not mine.

JiEL said...

YESSS!

I'm ALWAYS going to bed NAKED..

I do it for so many years..

I can no more sleep with boxers or pyjamas etc..
When I have to do it while visiting family, I'm so not confortable and have difficulty to go asleep...

NAKED is the best...

SteveXS said...

I wear socks in winter.

whkattk said...

Sleeping naked is the only way I can sleep. Even if visiting elsewhere, I do not sleep well if I have bottoms on...so I sleep in the nude.

Very happy the Huffington Post is promoting it - maybe more people will start sleeping healthy.

JiEL said...

LOL!

Dear Steve, I too wear socks when winter's nights are so cold...
I wouldn't need socks if I had a BF to warm me up... LOL !!

BTW, one nice way to enjoy sleeping naked is to have some «bamboo fibers sheets»..

You must try those sheets: so soft, sensual, cool in summer and warm in winter.
Also, their hypoallergenic and against acarians too.. (not sure about the French translation of «acarians» bugs..

Bamboo sheets are a bit more expensive compare to coton ones but so much worthed..

Less expensive are the ones with 60% bamboo and 40 coton and as confortable as the 100% bamboo fibers.

Cheers

geddy said...

Naked is the best way to sleep, matter-of-fact, i try and do as much as I can, naked.

Andy said...

So, hang on, there are people out there that DON'T sleep naked???

I just assumed every adult (males in particular) did it. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't.