Friday, October 17, 2014

Procrastination


My downfall . . .

http://procrastinus.com/procrastination/procrastination-quotes/


“Procrastination: A hardening of the oughteries.”
Anonymous

“The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.”
Anonymous

“Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.”
Anonymous

“Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow.”
Anonymous

“The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow.”
Anonymous

“I have not yet begun to procrastinate.”
Anonymous

“You know you’re gettin old when it takes too much effort to procrastinate.”
Anonymous

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”
Douglas Adams

“We don’t have anything as urgent as mañana in Ireland.”
Stuart Banks

“Anyone can do any amount of work providing it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment.”
Robert Benchley

“Procrastination is reading all the quotes on this page when you have a huge report due tomorrow.”
R. T. A. Birektt

“A perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large.”
Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby

“Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.”
Bill Cosby (1986, Fatherhood)

“We went to lunch and were talking about procrastination and the waitress overheard us and she said, ‘I have a problem with procrastination, too.’ I said ‘Really?… Get my sandwich.’”
Ellen DeGeneres

“Procrastinate now, don’t put it off.”
Ellen DeGeneres

“Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.”
Wayne Dyer

“One of the greatest labor-saving inventions of today is tomorrow.”
Vincent T. Foss

“Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some of it for tomorrow.”
Don Herold

“I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”
Jerome K. Jerome (Three Men in a Boat, 1889)

“Procrastination gives you something to look forward to.”
Joan Konner

“I’m going to stop putting things off, starting tomorrow!”
Sam Levenson

“Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.”
Don Marquis (1927, Certain Maxims of Archy)

“If a thing’s worth doing, its worth doing late.”
Frederick Oliver

“Live, drink, be merry, love the reeling midnight through,
For tomorrow ye may die, but alas we never do.”
Dorothy Parker

“Somebody was using the pencil.”
Dorothy Parker (on missing a deadline)

“Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.”
C. Northcote Parkinson (1958)

“Procrastination is my sin.
It brings me naught but sorrow.
I know that I should stop it.
In fact, I will – tomorrow!”
Gloria Pitzer

“If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination.”
Thomas Quincey

“Like many people, I started blogging out of an urgent need to procrastinate.”
Harold Ross, The New Yorker

“There’s nothing to match curling up with a good book when there’s a repair job to be done around the house.”
Joe Ryan

“Do nothing by halves which can be done by quarters.”
F. R. Scott (From his poem, W.L.M.K.)

“Drug use and procrastination often go hand in tourniquet.”
Will Self (Junk Mail, 1995)

” ‘Never put off tomorrow what you can do today.’ Under the influence of this pestilent morality, I am forever letting tomorrow’s work slop into today’s and doing painfully and nervously today what I could do quickly and easily tomorrow.”
J. A. Spender (The Comments of Bagshot)

“It is better to have loafed and lost than never to have loafed at all.”
James Thurber

“My parents told me I’d never amount to anything because I procrastinated too much. I told them, ‘Just you wait’.”
Judy Tenuta

“Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Mark Twain

“Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you’re only screwing yourself.”
Anonymous 


No comments: